Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fear Energy

Todays reading is about the energy transmitted through fear. Fear has a way of hanging around in the air and permeating the things around it. You experience this any time you go to a place where awful things have happened. I have experienced this twice in my life. The first time it happened was when I was at Dachau in Germany. I was 17 years old and the air around me in that place was dark and heavy. I actually felt like something had sunk into my body and was weighing me down as I walked through the camp. It was difficult for me and I didn't know at the time how to handle it. It took me a long while to shake it off of me.
The second time I experiences this was at the age of 42 in the tower or spire of the Salisbury Cathedral in England. As I was climbing the spiral staircase I was suddenly overcome with grief. A grief that I had never experienced before. It was so strong that I could go no further. I actually had to descend and could proceed no further. I wept and wept uncontrollably. Something terrible must have happened in that space.
It's very interesting for me to think about these things. It brings home the importance of keeping our own energy light and of a positive influence.

5 comments:

Deborah Godin said...

I experienced what you are talking about when I visited Gettysburg. I always think of it as kind of a thin spot in the fabric of time or dimensions - whatever. I agree, it can be very powerful. I believe intense emotions of any kind can leave their print. Have you ever felt something like extreme happiness or contentment in a place?

Shadow said...

hiya! thank you for visiting. i like your space here...

Jientje said...

This is a great post. Sompe people are much more sensitive than others, and you obviously feel such things.

Thank you for visting me!!

Amber said...

That is very interesting. i think you would be incredibly interested in my friends blog about her project at a healing centre in Australia. If you go to my blog and go to the blog lists and click on Moonee Ponds link, you can visit her. enjoy!

Unknown said...

I had such an experience in South Africa just before we left for Ireland. I plan to write about it when the time is right.

Energy certainly does linger. I think we all just have a different explanation for it.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments on my blog. They mean more than you realise.